The Employment practice area covers both business counseling to prevent disputes and, when necessary, prosecution of employment-related claims on behalf of either employees or their employers. We regularly counsel our clients, including company owners, corporate executives, and human resource professionals, in connection with the increasingly complex web of federal and state statutes and regulations affecting the employment relationship. We are experienced in actions to enforce non-competition agreements and trade secrets. We represent clients seeking to recover sensitive documents and prevent corporate raiding of staff and customers. Our focus on maintaining compliance with all federal and state regulations of the workplace is greatly appreciated by our business clients. Our extensive experience in employment matters covers all areas of employment law, including but not limited to:
- Hiring practices, employment contracts, and employee handbooks/ policy manuals.
- Wage and hour
- Workforce reductions, layoffs, and facility closures.
- Severance agreements, non-competes, commission sales, and theft of confidential or proprietary business or trade secrets claims.
- FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, PWFBA, SRCA, whistleblower act, and other employment statutes.
- Harassment and discrimination under the ELCRA, EEOC, or the MDCR.
Let us give you peace of mind as an employer that your practices comply with all applicable laws and workplace regulations. And if you have been harassed, discriminated against, or retaliated against in your employment, or feel your employer has violated other employment laws, rest assured we will prosecute your claims to the fullest extent of the law.